Achieving Success with Authentic Joy: 12 Reflections
Success begins with a personal dream that is bigger than the dreamer is. There is success achieved through sheer force of will and success that brings peace of mind and authentic joy. Achievements that create a better world bring authentic joy to the achiever.
Here are twelve reflections on achieving success with authentic joy. 1. There is more to success than reaching goals.... Success must also include a joyful appreciation of living-an authentic joy that pulls us toward the next episode of our life's purpose.
2. The ultimate recipe for achievement is working cooperatively with others to improve the quality of life for all.
3. To get where we want to go, we need to be honest about where we are now.
4. No action is too small; no choice is insignificant. Together they are the brush strokes that create the final masterpiece of our design.
5. Life is not just reaching peaks. Part of it is moving from one peak to the next. If you rest too long in between, you might be tempted to quit. Leave the past in the past. Climb the next mountain and enjoy the view.
6. Persistence is a common foundation beneath the achievements of every successful man and woman.
7. It is more naive to risk nothing and gain nothing than to risk failure and gain experience.
8. Setbacks are included in the price tag of success; they teach tenacity and provide experiences that let us achieve our goals with compassion and dignity.
9. If you have made a positive difference in one individual's life, you have succeeded in making a positive difference for many!
10. Whether it takes ten minutes, a hundred plans, or a lifetime, we can achieve our goals only if we take a stand and begin. Our Creator provides the talent, desire, and a limited number of chances to show up at the starting line. Today is another of those chances.
11. Passion behind a clear goal is a powerful force. You can gain enormous control over that force by focusing on one small step that you need to take.
12. The Creator placed the seeds of success in the exact place we would need them; they live inside of us, waiting to germinate, grow, and blossom. James Allen (1864-1912), wrote, "Dream lofty dreams, and as you dream, so shall you become. Your Vision is the promise of what you shall one day be. Your Ideal is the prophecy of what you shall at last unveil."
Can you remember a moment when a dream first came to life within your heart and mind? Perhaps you have a new dream tugging at you now-a desire that you cannot forsake.
If so, focus your attention on your vision. You have the first ingredient for achievement, a dream. Your dream-the blueprint of your future-is all you need to begin.
© Copyright 2005 by Steve Brunkhorst. Steve is a professional life success coach, motivational author, and the editor of Achieve! 60-Second Nuggets of Inspiration, a popular mini-zine bringing great stories, motivational nuggets, and inspiring thoughts to help you achieve more in your career and personal life. Get the next issue by visiting http://www.AchieveEzine.com
Warning: fopen(http://news.google.com/news?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2005-22,GGLG:en&q=Success&output=rss) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Network is unreachable in /srv/disk5/44101/www/success.atwebpages.com/inc/rss.inc on line 81
could not open XML input